Trip to Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art

Metal tree outside of Crystal Bridges
My daughter and I took a day trip to Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art in Bentonville, Arkansas. It's only about 40 minutes from our house, but I'd recommend taking a trip to check it out if you're within any reasonable driving distance, of if you happen to be passing through the area.
I hadn't heard of it before since I haven't lived in the SW Missouri area for very long and have been spending so much time working and going to school. I looked at the website and decided to go exploring the museum, and I must say, the pictures on the website just doesn't do it justice. The architecture is absolutely stunning, the surroundings are some of the most beautiful in the area. I will be going back as often as I can to just take in the surroundings and walk the trails. I can quite honestly say that this is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been.
Unfortunately,  my phone (which I was using as a camera) died early into our visit, so I didn't get nearly as many photos as I would have liked to.
The main entrance is 4 stories up, providing a nice overlook of the entire  museum.
My daughter was pretty impressed by this sculpture...

...it moved all around, never in the same position. I couldn't really tell if it was wind powered or  electric powered.
Eleven, the museum's restaurant, has stunning arched ceilings and glass panel walls overlooking  the water.

These mocha cupcakes were delicious!
This is the drop-in art studio. Sheridan made tissue paper flowers and also painted watercolor flowers.
Here's a peek into the first gallery we went into. The black and white art on the wall was the saddest thing I think I've ever seen. Have you ever been moved to tears by a work of art? I can't remember it's title or artist, but it was depicting the burning of a black orphan asylum in New York. It's one of those things that make me ashamed to be human.

One of the art photos I took before my battery died.
I really wish I could post some pictures of the trails, they were just so beautiful. And I really wish I could take my art classes here on a field trip (admission is free, but there would be bus costs). At least when i go back I can take more photos and take them on a virtual tour!

0 comments:

Post a Comment